Nov 30, 2022
Laura Varney joins us on today’s episode to talk baby bodies.
She’s sharing pre and postnatal workout tips, how to maintain
consistency in your workouts, and the importance of mindset as a
Laura believes that consistency and shifting your mindset are
the keys to reaching your goals. Hear her delve into that more in
Laura is a NASM certified personal trainer, nutrition coach,
registered yoga teacher, and creator of The Baby Body. She
helps women prepare for and recover from pregnancy through her work
as a pre and postnatal fitness expert.
- Laura shares why bodies do not “change back” after pregnancy,
but why that’s okay.
- The importance of physical and mindset work for maintaining
pelvic floor and core functionality.
- Why consistency is key and the key to consistency is sticking
with what works for you.
- Laura delves into the importance of listening to your body
during pregnancy and being intentional with your postpartum
- Societal pressures to “bounce back” from pregnancy can often
sour the beauty of it. Laura talks about newfound strength in
motherhood and why change is good.
- Many new moms struggle with feeling a loss of autonomy. Laura
shares her experience going from having a career she loved to being
a full-time parent, what she feels she’s gained, and why
perspective is vital.
- Your life changes completely with your first child, but what is
the shift like with the second? Laura weighs in.