Nov 13, 2023
This episode introduces alternative methods for recovery,
focusing on red light therapy, a.k.a. photobiomodulation. Guest
Forrest Smith of Kineon Labs explains their benefits for athletic
performance, reduction of recovery time, minimizing inflammation
and even unique applications for gut health, brain health, and
Follow Kineon @kineon_labs
Follow Chase @chase_chewning
In this episode, you will learn...
- Over-the-counter drugs such as NSAIDs, often used in sports and
fitness, can carry significant risks including cardiovascular
disease, liver damage, stomach ulcers, and a decrease in
- Photobiomodulation devices can provide a safer and more
effective alternative to pharmaceuticals for enhancing athletic
performance and recovery, reducing inflammation, and improving
- Regular, deep sleep is vital in the recovery process and can
protect the brain from the buildup of waste materials.
Understanding the biochemical and physiological processes behind
performance and recovery can help identify and address the root
causes of issues.
- Nitric oxide plays a critical role in the body, helping with
blood vessel dilation and delivering more blood to muscles.
However, as people age, the production of nitric oxide decreases,
making it important to find ways to stimulate its
- Chronic inflammation is highly damaging to the body, impacting
everything from muscle performance to cardiovascular health.